1. Brian Westbrook (PHI) –If his monster effort in week 8 is any indication, we would say that Westbrook is pretty close to full strength health wise. He is expected to come up big again in week 9 against a struggling Seattle defense that ranks near the bottom of the NFL in both run and pass defense. Westbrook is an obvious must start. Check injury report: ankle, ribs
2. Adrian Peterson (MIN) – He appears to be back on track and Peterson should dominate a Houston run defense that ranks 21st in the NFL. The Texans give up an average of 120 rushing yards per game and they have allowed a whopping 11 TD’s on the ground in just 7 games. Peterson is a no brainer for your fantasy roster in week 9.
3. Matt Forte (CHI) – While the Lions were able to limit Forte to 61 total yards by stacking the box against him back in week 5, he still managed to find the end zone 2 times in that game. Now that the Bears passing attack is clicking, we expect Detroit’s focus on defense to be a little more balanced which should produce better rushing numbers for Forte this time around. The Lions have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL allowing 163 yards per game with a rank of 31st. As a side note, Forte is currently on a 3 game TD streak. Get him in your fantasy line up pronto!
4. Earnest Graham (TB) – With Warrick Dunn missing practice again on Thursday, it appears that Graham will likely see a heavy workload on Sunday. Graham hasn’t been lighting it up lately in terms of yardage, but that should change in week 9 with a very promising match up against Kansas City. The Chiefs have the worst run defense in the NFL by far allowing a ridiculous 197 ground yards per game. They have also given up a league worst 14 rushing TD’s in just 7 games. Graham should dominate in week 9 and he should be on your fantasy roster.
5. Michael Turner (ATL) – At this point, it is obvious that Turner is only as good as his match up will allow him to be. Fortunately, week 9 provides fantasy owners with an excellent match up against a very porous Oakland run defense. The Raiders have allowed 11 rushing TD’s in 7 games and give up 144 ground yards per game. Turner should be great again in week 9.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE TOP 40 RUNNING BACK RANKINGS TO DECIDE WHO TO START/SIT IN WEEK 9.