1. Clinton Portis (WAS) – The average game for Portis over the last 4 weeks includes 143 rushing yards and a TD. Portis should have a field day once again against Detroit’s 31st ranked run defense in week 8. The Lions are giving up 168 yards rushing per game this season and have allowed 9 TD’s on the ground in 6 games. Check injury report: hip
2. Thomas Jones (NYJ) – He has been on fire the last 2 weeks, combining for 224 rushing yards and 3 TD’s. Jones should continue the trend with an exceptional week 8 match up against Kansas City. The Chiefs currently rank dead last in run defense and seem to get worse every week. Kansas City is giving up a whopping 207 yards and 2 TD’s on the ground per game. Our grandmother could go for over 100 yards with a score against this defense, so Jones should absolutely dominate them.
3. Brian Westbrook (PHI) – He has had a couple of weeks now to heal up and should be good to go for week 8. This week’s match up against Atlanta is probably his best to date, and Westbrook should shred a shaky Falcons defense on the ground and through the air barring any setbacks with his injuries. Check injury report: ankle/ribs
4. Frank Gore (SF) – He is coming off of a tough week 7, but Gore should rebound nicely in week 8 at home against Seattle. The Seahawks rank 21st in the NFL against the run and allow 1 TD per game on the ground. Gore totaled 99 yards and scored a TD against them back in week 2. He should top that this time around.
5. Steven Jackson (STL) – He was a beast in week 7 rushing for 160 yards and 3 TD’s against a strong Dallas run defense. While you shouldn’t expect similar numbers this week, the match up is promising. Jackson will face a New England run defense that can best be described as mediocre so far this season. He is battling a thigh injury that could limit or prevent him from playing on Sunday, so monitor his status closely. If he is given clearance to play, Jackson should be in your starting fantasy line up.UPDATE: Steven Jackson is inactive for week 8 against New England. Do not start him in your fantasy league ! Check injury report: thigh
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE TOP 40 RUNNING BACK RANKINGS TO HELP YOU DECIDE WHO TO START/SIT IN WEEK 8.