Let's examine the statistically mind-blowing possibilities.
• Manning needs 4,000 passing yards to become the first player in NFL history with 12 4,000-yard seasons. Manning is the only quarterback to accomplish the feat in 11 seasons.
• Manning needs 25 touchdown passes to become the first player in NFL history to throw 25 touchdown passes in 14 consecutive seasons. Manning is the only player to have 13 consecutive seasons with 25 touchdown passes.
• Manning has passed for 3,000 yards in each of the past 13 seasons and owns the second-longest streak of consecutive 3,000-yard seasons (Brett Favre, 18). Manning is the only player in NFL history to start a career with 13 consecutive 3,000-yard seasons.
• Manning needs 22 touchdown passes to surpass Dan Marino (420) for second place all-time. In 13 seasons, Manning has thrown 399 touchdown passes.
• Manning needs 286 pass completions to surpass Dan Marino (4,967) for second place all-time. In 13 seasons, Manning has 4,682 completions.
• Manning has 22 games with four or more touchdown passes and needs two such games to surpass Brett Favre (23) for the most games with four touchdown passes in NFL history.
• Manning has led the league in touchdown passes three times in his career and can tie Len Dawson, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young (4) for the most seasons leading the league in touchdown passes.
• Manning has passed for 300 yards in a game 63 times in his career, tied with Dan Marino for the most all-time. Manning needs one 300-yard passing game to attain sole possession of first place.