Let's examine the possibilities:
• Favre needs three touchdown passes to become the first player in NFL history with 500 career touchdown passes. In 19 seasons, Favre is the all-time leader with 497 touchdown passes.
• He needs 671 passing yards to become the first player in NFL history with 70,000 passing yards. In 19 seasons, Favre is the all-time leader with 69,329 career passing yards.
• Favre needs 189 pass attempts to become the first player in NFL history with 10,000 attempts. In 19 seasons, Favre is the all- time leader with 9,811 career pass attempts.
• He needs to play in the first 13 games of the season to become the second player in NFL history to play in 300 consecutive games. Favre, whose streak began on September 13, 1992 and stands at 287 games, would join Jeff Feagles (336) as the only players to accomplish the feat.
• Favre has passed for 3,000 yards in a season 18 times in his 19-year career and can extend his NFL record with another 3,000-yard season. Favre also holds the record for the most consecutive seasons with 3,000 passing yards with 18 (active).
• In his 19-year career, Favre has passed for four touchdowns in a game 23 times – an NFL record. Favre needs two more four- touchdown games to become the first player with 25 four- touchdown pass games in NFL history.
• Favre has led the league in touchdown passes four times in his career and can surpass Johnny Unitas, Len Dawson and Steve Young (4) for the most seasons leading the league in touchdown passes.