1. LaDainian Tomlinson (SD) – He will face what should be a weak Carolina run defense at home. Tomlinson is a lock for your week 1 fantasy roster.
2. Brian Westbrook (PHI) – He should shred a soft Rams defense on the ground and in the passing game. Westbrook could be in for a monster week 1.
3. Frank Gore (SF) – In his last game against Arizona, Gore rushed for 116 yards and 2 TD’s while adding 11 receptions for 98 yards, by far his best fantasy performance of ’07. In addition, he has 7 TD’s in his last 4 match ups against the Cards. Gore should be the centerpiece of the new Mike Martz offense, and week1 should be a big one for him.
4. Adrian Peterson (MIN) – He will have his work cut out for him on the road against a solid Green Bay defense. While Peterson could not manage to find pay dirt against the Packers in either game against them last season, he did average a hefty 6.8 yards per carry.
5. Joseph Addai (IND) – While a healthier Chicago run defense looks to improve on a dismal ’07 campaign, their first team D continued to get gashed in the preseason. They will have a monster challenge in week 1 in the form of Joseph Addai on Sunday night at the new Lucas Oil Stadium. We like Addai’s chances for a strong showing. He is a no brainer for your fantasy roster.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ENTIRE TOP 40 WEEK 1 RB RANKINGS